The part-time (10 hours per week) Health Educator/Program Assistant provides Covid-prevention education to our Senior Volunteer Program participants in Rutherford County using a pre-developed curriculum. The Health Educator/Program Assistant assists the Volunteer Coordinator. They will recruit and support Senior Companion volunteers in Rutherford County.
To be successful in this position, a candidate must have experience with education/training/group facilitation, be detail-oriented, reliable, and self-motivated. This is a hybrid position—the Health Educator/Program Assistant will work from home, meet with volunteers and care recipients in Rutherford County, and in our Nashville office.
The Tennessee Respite Coalition is committed to actively cultivating and preserving a culture of equity, inclusion and connectedness. We strive to create a space that enables everyone to bring their full self to the work and that embraces the full spectrum of humanity. These values permeate all aspects of our work. We are committed to equitable hiring, training, promotional practices, and policies. We value the unique contributions people bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, marital status, religion, ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Provide Covid-prevention education to our Senior
Volunteer Program participants in Rutherford County using a pre-developed curriculum
· Recruit volunteers
· Assist with monthly in-service trainings
· Assist with volunteer appreciation events
· Attend weekly meetings one-on-one and staff
· Day to day interaction with volunteers and or
· Assist with off-site events
· Other duties as assigned
· Education/training/group facilitation experience
· Volunteer coordination experience
· Experience working with families involved in caregiving/parenting situations (personal involvement in caregiving considered)
· Experience working with older adults
· Ability to work independently
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Detail oriented
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to empathize with families in stressful situations
· Effective time management skills
· Promptness and dependability
· Ability to follow oral or written directions
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary $25/hour, 10 hours per week
Help shepherd the TRC into the future and positively change the lives of family caregivers across the state. The Tennessee Respite Coalition (TRC) is looking for volunteers for its committees and board of directors to support our mission. This is a great time to lend your energy and expertise to the TRC as it is growing and positively changing the lives of family caregivers. We need your skills to steer the organization into its next phase.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Megan Schwalm, Executive Director
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you may be able to become a Senior Companion Volunteer. You would be volunteering in someone’s home to be a companion to a senior while providing respite to a family caregiver.
Contact Annisha Bell